Saturday 23 October 2010

TUESDAY 19 OCTOBER Visit to the Schlegel Research Institute for Aging and Winston Park Village.

Setting off early from Toronto I drove for an hour and a half west along Highway 401 to the region of Waterloo, the city of Kitchener and the township of Williamsburg. My visit was to the Schlegel Research Institute for Aging. The link to the Institute came about through Somerset Care's connection with the Department of Psychology at the University of Exeter and Professor Alex Haslam. I was welcomed to the Institute by it's President/CEO Dr Mike Sharatt and Vice President Josie d'Avernas. After a discussion about research projects and how we can build the collaboration for the future Josie took me on a tour of the Winston Park Retirement Community. An appropriate place to start my visits in view of it's connection with Winston Churchill, thanks to whose Memorial Trust I am able to undertake this trip. A wonderful community and one of 10 similar in the Kitchener area by Oakwood Retirement Communities.





AL with Josie d'Avernas in front of a picture of my generous sponsor! Thanks Josie, for a great visit.

Location:Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home