Friday 11 March 2011

TUESDAY 8 MARCH - Meeting the Creative Fellows at QUT

My visit today was to the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). A bit of luck that I left plenty of time to get to my meeting as it took over an hour to find a place to park. In a country as huge as Australia it was quite a surprise to find such pressure for car parking on a modern university campus. I had arranged to meet up with members of the Digital Media team from the Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation.


We were also joined by Professor Elizabeth Beattie, Director of the Dementia Collaborative Research Centre, and enjoyed a lively conversation, over a Thai restaurant lunch, discussing Digital Storytelling, Arts and Older People and the QUT dementia research agenda.


With me in the picture are (l to r) Christina Spurgeon, Senior Lecturer in Journalism, Media and Communications, Dr Jean Burgess, Dr Sandra Haukka and Dr Helen Klaebe of the Faculty of Creative Technologies and Prof Elizabeth Beattie.

After a very valuable meeting and discussion it was off heading north out of the city up the M1 motorway to the Sunshine Coast and Nambour where I met up for a most enjoyable dinner, at the Boat Shed in Maroochydore, with my colleagues and friends from Sundale.




Location:Brisbane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home